Copying a database to an offsite location
You have a new offsite location, and you need to deploy your database to the new site. The database is large, so migration is not straightforward.
- Minimizing the time to deploy the database.
How we can solve it
- Use SQL Packager to package the database into a .NET executable.
- Select the objects and data that you want to be deployed.
- Preview the SQL code that will be used to create the schema and data.
- Generate the package using compression.
- Run the package on the destination server.
Benefits of our solution
- SQL Packager can be run on the database while it is live, so there is no impact on users.
- Compressing the package reduces transfer and upload times.
- No expertise in SQL is required to run the .NET executable and install the database.
- The package can be used again and again, if necessary.
Support & documentation
- Worked example: Packaging a database as a .NET executable
Volume discounts apply.
Try a 14-day fully functional free trial of SQL Packager.
With our full set of SQL development tools you can code fast, collaborate easily, and deploy accurately. Sound good?