Access articles and resources written by some of the best Oracle brains in the world.
Performance Tuning with ASH and AWR Data
Presented by Kellyn Pot'Vin
Thurs 30th August 2012
This webinar has now finished, but feel free to click the button above to watch the recording.
Since their introduction with Oracle 10g, AWR and ASH data has offered the Database professional enhanced performance reporting capabilities that previously were only gleamed via statspack and reporting queries.
In this webinar, Kellyn Pot'Vin, Senior Technical Consultant at Enkitec, will take you through the requirements, reporting basics and differences of AWR and ASH. You will learn:
- reasons to use both reports.
- a firm understanding of each report and its format.
- knowledge of the differing versions of the AWR report and when best utilized.
- the power of ASH Reporting in real-time trouble-shooting.
- ability to utilize the reports at the command line and from Enterprise Manager.
A live Q&A session with Kellyn Pot'Vin will follow the presentation.
Kellyn Pot'Vin, (pronounced Poet-Vaughn) is an Oracle ACE and Senior Technical Consultant at Enkitec, managing Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL. She specializes in performance tuning, working almost exclusively on multi-TB size databases, including Exadata and databases involving solid state disk configurations. She is the director of the Training Days 2013 conference for RMOUG, has spoken at KSCOPE, MOW, various SQLPass groups, numerous regional user groups and will be presenting at two symposiums at Oracle Open World 2012. She is also a co-author on two books from Apress.
- Compare 2 tables and see highlighted differences side-by-side
- Automatically create update scripts to migrate any changes