Fundamentals of SQL Server 2012 Replication
Sometimes you need to make data that lives on one server available on another server. You might want to speed up cross-server queries by providing a local copy of the data. Or you might want to make the data available to resource intensive reporting queries without impacting the OLTP load. In these cases it can be useful to look at SQL Server replication.
Download your free copy of Fundamentals of SQL Server 2012 Replication by Sebastian Meine to get a hands-on introduction to SQL Server replication. By the end of the book, you will be able to make an informed decision about whether replication is the right feature to use, and which type of replication best fits your situation.
Then keep an eye on the health of your transactional replications with a free trial of SQL Monitor.
1. Free eBook: Fundamentals of SQL Server 2012 Replication
- Walk through setting up different replication scenarios
- Learn the best practices of replication security
- Know when simple log shipping or 'Always On' are preferable to replication
2. Free trial of SQL Monitor for real-time performance monitoring and alerting
- Try SQL Monitor for free, and get real-time performance data and alerts
- Set up custom alerts to monitor the health of replication
- Discover problems before anyone else notices