Below are the technical requirements for SQL Backup Pro. If you have any questions regarding technical specifications, please contact us.
The graphical user interface requires .NET version 2 or later.
Database servers supported:
SQL Backup Pro is supported for the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server: 2000 (SP 3 or later), 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012:
- Business Intelligence (32-bit)
- Developer Edition (32-bit)
- Standard Edition (32-bit)
- Enterprise Edition (32-bit)
- Workgroup Edition (32-bit)
- Web Edition (32-bit)
- Business Intelligence (64-bit)
- Developer Edition x64 (64-bit)
- Standard Edition x64 (64-bit)
- Standard Edition IA64 (64-bit)
- Enterprise Edition x64 (64-bit)
- Enterprise Edition IA64 (64-bit)
- Workgroup Edition (64-bit)
- Web Edition (64-bit)
SQL Backup provides limited support for SQL Server Express Edition; the SQL Backup user interface does not support scheduled backup jobs, scheduled restore jobs or log shipping with this edition.
Operating systems supported:
SQL Backup Pro is supported on the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
- Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server Service Pack 4
- Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition:
- For 32-bit versions of Windows, Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 are supported but not required.
- For 64-bit versions of Windows, Service Pack 1 is required. You must install this separately for Itanium; for x64 it is installed automatically. Service Pack 2 is supported but not required.
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Operating system requirements:
- 512 MB RAM
- 100 MB hard disk space
Runs on a server (or on a user's PC) running SQL Server.
Platform support for x86 64-bit and x86 32-bit:
If you run 32-bit and 64-bit machines, note these platform support details:
- The SQL Backup Pro GUI is a .NET 2.0 Windows Forms application, compiled to run in 32-bit mode only. There should be no performance degradation caused by this limitation on x86 64-bit machines.
- The SQL Backup Pro Windows Service is a native 32-bit process. It cannot be run in 64-bit mode. This should not degrade performance on an x86 64-bit machine.
- SQL Backup Pro's extended stored procedures are available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Use the 32-bit versions with 32-bit versions of SQL Server, the 64-bit versions with 64-bit versions of SQL Server.
- SQL Backup Pro's command line tools are all 32-bit processes. They cannot be run in 64-bit mode. This should not degrade performance on an x86 64-bit machine.
If you are an existing SQL Backup 6 (or earlier) customer and would like more information about upgrading to SQL Backup Pro 7, please read Upgrading from SQL Backup 4, 5 or 6.
Try a 14-day fully functional free trial of SQL Backup Pro.
Find out more: