people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Red Gate are currently looking for highly motivated test engineers, who can build on their existing market experience to bring a new dimension to Red Gate testing. We are looking for individuals with a strong appreciation for test design and approach and the ability to apply these principles with confidence whilst relishing getting their hands dirty with actual testing.
As a Red Gate test engineer you will be part of a high quality, high performing, multi-role team. You have input into everything that happens in that team from the planning and design stages of a product or feature right through to the release and post-release support. You will be at the forefront of ensuring usability and reliabilty of our products, and the chance to have close customer relations.
What makes you a Red Gate test engineer?
- You are passionate about software testing
- You work well in a small team
- You make the team care about quality
- You see the software through the user's eyes
- You know exploratory testing is more than random keyboard mashing
- You can explain why automated testing is better than manual testing
- You can explain why manual testing is better than automated testing
- You engage with the wider testing community
- You know you don't know everything about testing
- You've already spotted the typo in this advert!
But once you join Red Gate, it doesn't stop there. We encourage learning and development, and will support you and help you get better at what you do.
You can find out more about testing at Red Gate and what makes us tick as a development team at http://dev.red-gate.com/testing.
What experience do you have?
- Solid testing experience working in a software development team
- Extensive experience of multiple testing methodologies
- Coding skills are desirable but not essential
- You've tested in an agile development environment and understand how to adapt your testing to suit it
What's the package?
- A great benefits package
- A commitment to your continuous learning and development
- You'll work about 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with flexible work time
- Salary is £35k-£48k, depending on experience