people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Lead Information Systems Engineer (IT Team)
Red Gate is looking for a Lead Information Systems Engineer to join our IS team and help deliver top quality IT services to Red Gate users.
Reporting to the IT Manager, this role covers all areas of Infrastructure. You’ll be expected to get involved in a wide range of tasks, including:
- helping the Service Desk team
- supporting adoption and migration to Cloud-based services
- ensuring our monitoring, alerting, and documentation is as it should be
- working with third parties to deliver new services/technology
- planning and communicating smooth technology changes
We’re looking for someone technically capable of looking after a predominantly Microsoft-based environment, but keen to develop skills across a range of technologies and vendors.
You should have a good understanding of cloud services, and you’ve probably built a server or two on Amazon to prove it! You’re happy managing a Hyper-V cluster, Exchange servers, backing up virtual machines and databases, or turning your hand to new applications and services to improve life for our Red Gaters.
You’ve heard about the DevOps concept and are keen to learn more about it –you’ve probably even played around with scripted builds using things like PowerShell and automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or similar.
This is a challenging technical role which focuses on working with other team members to solve problems with the existing infrastructure services. There will also be potential to help develop a high-performing team and take on the management of some team members. We’re looking for someone who has experience and a genuine interest in managing people. Sound like you? Just upload your CV and covering letter to apply.
What makes you Red Gate's next Lead Information Systems Engineer?
- You have 3+ years’ experience in administering an enterprise
- You are a team player, but can work on your own initiative and communicate technical information to technical and non-technical people
- You’re an authentic manager with the ability to develop, grow, and empower a team with great coaching skills
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills across boundaries, divisions, and countries
- You have administration experience of a Microsoft environment along with experience of migrating to and supporting cloud based services
- You are comfortable managing and scaling SAN and NAS technologies (Backups, Snapshots, replication, CIFS, iSCSI, high availability, and resilience)
- Experience of PowerShell Scripting
- A genuine interest in technology, a desire to learn, and a questioning, analytical mind
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure
What would help?
- You have picked up skills in the design and administration of the networking infrastructure (WAN, LAN, firewall, and optimisation technologies)
- Experience or strong interest in open source technology
- Understand Agile methodology and experience applying that to an operational environment
- Experience working in PCI DSS, SOX, or ISO27001 environment
- Knowledge of NoSQL technology and their benefits
What's the package?
- A great benefits package
- Salary is £38k - 48k, depending on experience
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work times