people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Business Intelligence Analyst (Sales and Marketing)
Are you looking to play an influential role from day one in the best software development company to work for in Cambridge? Do you want to help us transform how we use and understand data? Are you confident in communicating technical information to non-technical people? Can you understand what people within the company want and help them, with good questions and people skills, understand what they really want? Could you help us explore questions like:
- Who are our highest value customers?
- How could we segment our markets better?
- Which online marketing campaigns have the best ROI?
- Which customers who downloaded X are more likely to purchase Y?
- How do social media channels influence online purchases?
If you think you know how you could help us answer these questions, and if you can think of many more, then we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our sales and marketing team, who can support Red Gate's decision making process by successfully managing, analysing, and interpreting data. Working with the sales and marketing first line, you'll research ways to solve business problems and propose solutions using strong analysis. You'll also work alongside a central Business Intelligence team that has developed a transformational decision making platform used across the business.
You'll need to have experience in e-commerce, including an understanding of web analytics and sales funnel analysis. Numerical calculations will come naturally to you and you'll be a highly skilled Excel user. We're looking for someone who'll make sure we're asking the right the questions, help to answer them, and analyse and present on the answers. It goes without saying that your analytical skills will be second to none.
This is a career-defining opportunity for a person that's looking to make a real difference in a unique organisation. We are passionate about data and we'd love to have someone whose passion is as great, if not greater, than ours. If you'd like to learn more, what are you waiting for? We'd love to hear from you! Simply upload your CV and covering letter to apply by 30th August, or get in touch if you'd like to talk to us first.
What makes you Red Gate's Business Intelligence Analyst?
- Commercially-minded with a clear understanding of sales and marketing
- Exceptional problem solving ability with great investigative skills
- Remarkable experience using Excel for analysis
- Excellent SQL experience
- Outstanding numerical and analytical skills
- Outstanding people skills and ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Willing to work independently or as part of a team to tackle complex problems
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate or scientific discipline
- Great presentation skills
- Experience in e-commerce, including the use of web analytics and sales funnel analysis
What would really help?
- Experience with OLAP / R Statistics would be a significant advantage
- Management experience is desirable but not essential
What's the package?
- A great benefits package
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
- You'll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work time