Red Gate forums :: View topic - How to get a list of links on a webpage
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Load
ANTS Load forum

How to get a list of links on a webpage

Search in ANTS Load forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
lance27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: How to get a list of links on a webpage Reply with quote

Is there a way to perhaps use the WebClient to fetch an array of found links on a page? Or do I have to parse the returned HTML myself?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm afraid you're right. You would need to parse WebClient.HttpResponse.Content to find the links in a document. If you can figure out a way to take an HTML string and cast it as a mshtml.IHTMLDocument2 object, then that would give you lots of methods to easily parse the HTML. I couldn't figure out how to do this, though.
lance11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: How does the script recorder do it? Reply with quote

Hi Brian,
How does the script recorder do it? As you navigate to different URLs, the recorder creates a script and generates all the fetching of the resources and setting of the header stuff.

I'm thinking that if that process is open to use, I could feed in a list of URLs from the site I want to test, and have the engine create the script for me...

Cunningly,
Lance
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Script recorder is only trapping post data; that is post data being sent to the server. Data coming back from the server is simply forwarded and ignored.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1