Red Gate forums :: View topic - feature request: show dependent objects of type x
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Dependency Tracker 2
SQL Dependency Tracker 2 forum

feature request: show dependent objects of type x

Search in SQL Dependency Tracker 2 forum
Jump to:  
mulmad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: feature request: show dependent objects of type x Reply with quote

In project with may object the visual dependency view is very helpfull. In order to limit what is shown I often select objects to show one by one.

It would be extremely nice if it was possible to right click an object in the "graphical area" and have a menu item to show/hide dependent objects of type x (Used by/Uses) (ie for a table object the menu items could be "show sproc Used by"). This way it would be possible to start out with only a limited number of objects and then "work my way" down the dependency chain.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mulmad,

That's a good idea. If I wanted to accomplish this in the current version, I would only include a few objects to start with when I'm adding objects to the project, and add more as I need to see more things.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1