Red Gate forums :: View topic - Urgent- Inserting the record in appln db through AntsLoader
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Load
ANTS Load forum

Urgent- Inserting the record in appln db through AntsLoader

Search in ANTS Load forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Pallavi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Urgent- Inserting the record in appln db through AntsLoader Reply with quote

Hi,

I am learing Ants loader and I just want to is there any option where I can use Ants Load tool for regression testing i.e. adding records in the application database through Ants loader.

Example senario:

Test URL : http://www.red-gate.com
Senario: I want to test the registration form in the application. I will record script for single user and by changing the values in the script, can i insert muliple records in the database of http://www.red-gate.com site.

Please clarify me on this on priority.

Thanks,
Pallavi.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pallavi,

Yes, you can use ANTS Load for this. If you need to run the same test scenario with many different users, you can use the state information feature (see the help) to create a database of users for the test. Of course, state information keeps the same data and keeps using it over and over again as the Run() method of the script loops. If you want to use different data in each iteration of the script, then you'd need to come up with another way of dynamically replacing the data using variables.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1