Red Gate forums :: View topic - Script folder contains circular object references
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Script folder contains circular object references

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
DamianWise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Script folder contains circular object references Reply with quote

I've been getting this error on several copies of a database that I have. The error can be intermittent - I can unlink and then relink to the svn repository and get different results. I can have one database linked to the repository and it works and I can have another database linked to the same repository and I get this error.

This is making using SQL Source control useless.

Anyone have any ideas.

Damian
andy.campbell.smith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Damian,

I see you previously had a ticket open with my colleague Evan about a similar problem last year - has this issue been ongoing since then, or has it just started cropping up again recently?

Ideally, to properly troubleshoot this we'd need a copy of the latest revision of your repository and a backup or SQL Compare snapshot of your database - if you feel comfortable providing that, could you email it to support@red-gate.com and quote ticket number #22352? If you need, we can set up an FTP area for large files. Thanks for your help with this!

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
DamianWise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Circular references Reply with quote

Andy,

This has been a continuous problem, and the use of SQL Dependency Tracker didn't yield any results, so I've been limping along using SQL Compare 10. I really need a solution to this, so I appreciate your help. I have even been toying with the idea of using some other SQL source control technique, though I'm not quite there yet. I will be emailing you a SQL Compare snapshot and a zip of the svn repository.

Damian
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1