Red Gate forums :: View topic - Script Deployment/Generation inconsistency issue/bug?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

Script Deployment/Generation inconsistency issue/bug?

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
mmoore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Script Deployment/Generation inconsistency issue/bug? Reply with quote

When generating a script from SQL Compare (10.5.0.611), the script should be consistent, in that if I click “Deployment Wizard” 20 times on a database that has not change, the Deployment Script should be exactly the same and the behavior of the “Deployment Wizard” should also remain the same. This is not happening. Some of the issues I am seeing are as follows. 1. If I re-click the Deployment Wizard button after closing the Deployment Wizard, sometimes I get a warning about a dependency, that didn’t exist the first time I ran the “Deployment Wizard”. If I exit the “Deployment Wizard” and click “Refresh”, this seems to fix this problem. 2. If after I save a script to a file and then re-run the deployment wizard again, the resulting script is not consistent with the previous scrip that was generated. Both of these issues I can reproduce over and over again.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post. I see you have contacted us several times and I will be replying to you directly about this.

This was also a uservoice request here:

http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/5443431-script-generation-deployment-should-be-consistent-
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1