Red Gate forums :: View topic - The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ...
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ...

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
adster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ... Reply with quote

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'RG_ProcVersion', database 'tempdb', schema 'dbo'.

I'm getting the above error when trying view "Commit Changes" on one of our database instances.

Its not a DB permissions problem because I can access it fine from any other workstation using the same credentials. I can also access any of our our other instances without any problems from my machine.

I've updated to the latest version of the software but it has made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
eddie davis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for your forum post.

I suspect that the SQL Server is unable to authenticate the account when the account is logged in to this workstation.

The fact that you can connect and access from other workstations using the same account with no problems, suggests that the problem is with the workstation and not the SQL Server Instance where 'RG_ProcVersion' function is installed.

Are you able to use SSMS and locate the 'RG_ProcVersion' function in the 'tempdb' database?

Many Thanks
Eddie
E-mail: support@red-gate.com
adster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Eddie. It proved the starting point to fixing it by comparing it to the other instance.

Relaying what our DB guys have told me in the hope it helps others. "We dropped the schema and then removed public access to tempdb"
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1