Red Gate forums :: View topic - How to Deploy GRANT EXECUTEs with the stored procedures
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

How to Deploy GRANT EXECUTEs with the stored procedures

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
mshupe

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: How to Deploy GRANT EXECUTEs with the stored procedures Reply with quote

I compared two databases and deployed the differences. Unfortunately, the GRANT EXECUTE statements were not deployed along with the stored procedures. How can I have them included?
Note that there are forum entries about how to ignore the GRANT EXECUTE differences and I have figured that out but I am trying to do the opposite. I am trying to ensure that the GRANT EXECUTEs are included.
It looks like SQL Compare does not display the GRANT EXECUTEs on the source side at all. If I understand correctly, one of the forum entries said that only GRANT EXECUTEs for the current user would be displayed. I need all of them. Please let me know how I might do this.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

As you've probably figured out, there is an option to ignore permissions, so by default they are included. There may be some subtlety if the permissions are granted at database-level rather than object-level so it would be good to know if you are applying permissions at database-level.

Also, if this is concerning the command-line, please let us know as there is generally lots of confusion around how to apply the options.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1