Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

Set transaction isolation level in CLI

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
JJB7

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Set transaction isolation level in CLI Reply with quote

Hi there, in the GUI, there is a setting to change the isolation level from SERIALIZABLE. We have multiple procs in our data warehouses that use linked servers and SQL does not allow the creation of these procs using SERIALIZABLE.

There are two ways to fix this - either by ticking the "do not use transactions in deployment scripts" or by setting another isolation level in the Application Options. The problem with the former, is I don't necessarily want to deploy without transactions in case there are issues during deployment which would result in a corrupt database.

From the CLI, there only appears to be the ability to switch off transactions with the NoTransactions switch documented here. Is there a way to change the transaction isolation level either directly using the CLI or via a project?

Thanks
JJB7

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I made the mistake of searching through google and NOT through the forums Embarassed found the answer to my question here
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1