Joined: 30 Jun 2011
|Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm Post subject: Easy package creation with Deployment Manager v1.1.8
I just wanted to let you all know that the team shipped Deployment Manager v1.1.8 today.
Create packages with our new command-line tool
We've been listening to your feedback regarding the difficulties in creating Nuget packages, so we've added a new tool to make package creation easier.
This tool is called RgPublish.exe and is available from the new Downloads page in the Deployment Manager Web Interface (see details below).
Visit our online documentation for more information regarding how to use rgpublish to create packages to deploy using DM.
The new release of Deployment Manager is up on the Red Gate website. Existing users can update to this version by selecting the Updates option in the Settings area of their Deployment Manager Web Interface.
What else is new in Deployment Manager v1.1.8?
* New "Downloads" page that makes it easy to access tools associated with Deployment Manager
We want to hear from you
* This can be found at [deploymentmanager]/configuration/downloads and contains links to download packaging tools and the REST api tool
* We now precompile all of our stylesheets, rather than doing it dynamically
* Users who want to utilize these tools in their continuous integration process can download them from this location at build time, removing the need to move these files onto build agents in advance and ensuring they are always using the newest version
* This should improve page load times after an app pool recycle, and fix issues seen on some machines where failure of dynamic compilation leads to pages with no styling* Bug fixes
When you've tried Deployment Manager, especially rgpublish the new package creation command-line tool, we'd love to hear what you think:
* If you have any issues, please post them on our support forum or contact our support team at email@example.com.
* If you have any suggestions for new features, enhancements, or things you would like to see, then please vote or comment on our Suggestion Forum.