Red Gate forums :: View topic - Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
Deployment Manager
Deployment Manager forum

Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed

Search in Deployment Manager forum
Jump to:  
swinghouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed Reply with quote

I'm not entirely certain that this is caused by the latest version of Deployment Manager and/or the TeamCity plugin, since I unfortunately made some other changes on our "CI plus deployment" server at the same time (not very clever to change several things simultaneously, I know!), but currently we're encountering the following error in TeamCity:

Quote:
[10:43:40]Updating database (20s)
[10:44:01]Creating scratch database sqlCI_69f21e75-4db1-4225-b58c-4ec2f4b66125
[10:44:02]Generating creation script (16s)
[10:44:19]Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server (1s)
[10:44:19][Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server] Starting: msiexec.exe /i "C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\plugins\RedGateSQLServer\assets\msOdbcSql\x64\msodbcsql.msi" /qn
[10:44:20][Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server] ##teamcity[buildStatus status='FAILURE' text='Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed with exit code 1603']
[10:44:24]sqlCI error occurred: RedGate.SQLCI.Engine.Error: Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed with exit code 1603

This error occurs when your TeamCity plugin tries to validate the creation script during the build process.

What I do know is that this worked beautifully until last week, when I updated to the latest versions of Deployment Manager and the TeamCity plugin.

Any help in solving this problem is most appreciated!

Version numbers:
Deployment Manager: 1.1.2.1
TeamCity Professional: 7.1.4 (build 24331)
Red Gate TeamCity plugin: 1.0.0.1029
SQL Server: 2008 R2 (Express Edition)
Emma A

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this feedback, we are aware of this issue and are validating the fix at the moment.
To workaround this, if you access the build agent machine and then get a copy of the msi (c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\plugins\RedGateSQLServer\assets\msOdbcSql\x64\msodbcsql.msi) and run the msi yourself, the TeamCity plugin will detect that it is installed and so not try to install.
swinghouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Emma,

The workaround did the trick!

/Mattias
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1