Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 6
SmartAssembly 6 forum

Pruning and public interfaces

Search in SmartAssembly 6 forum
Jump to:  
eric-914

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Pruning and public interfaces Reply with quote

Just wondering if someone can explain S/A's pruning behavior in regards to public interfaces? Does it prune these?
Simon C

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the assembly is a dll, no public members are pruned at all. If the assembly is an exe, all public members are pruned if they are not used elsewhere. This includes public interfaces.

May I ask what prompted this question?
eric-914

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Pruning and public interfaces Reply with quote

I've been painfully determining what can and what cannot be pruned in our WPF type application. I had narrowed down a set of problems to a namespace full of interfaces, but that namespace also included the equivalent of implementation classes.

In the end, it turns out a few implementation classes had some methods that weren't part of their parent interfaces that were being cut out.

Anyway, got me wondering if I ever have to worry about [DoNotPruneType] on an interface.

So far, anything remotely behaving like a View Model in the MVVM pattern cannot be pruned. S/A doesn't check for property usage w/in XAML. And since WPF binds everything as "object", I doubt it could anyway.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1