Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Red Gate Software
|Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 am Post subject: HyperBac Components Update (version 5.7.0)
|Version 5.7 of the HyperBac components have been released (SQL Virtual Restore is powered by HyperBac technology).
Installer version: 22.214.171.124
Service version: 126.96.36.199
Driver version: 188.8.131.52
Since last August we have released 3 versions of the components as follows:
Version 5.7.0 (July 2012)
- Windows Explorer now displays .mdfe, .ndfe, and .ldfe files with the HyperBac icon. (HBT-197)
Version 5.6.x (May 2012)
- Index files that are no longer needed are now deleted automatically.
- Various bugs surrounding handling of SQL Virtual Restore (SVR) and SQL Storage Compress (SSC) databases on a mounted virtual hard disk have been fixed. (HBT-183)
- Compressed database files and stub SVR files can now be copied and remounted safely. (HBT-149)
- HyperUtil now respects the -L option (which overrides the log file path). (HBT-212)
Version 5.5.x (November 2011 and February 2012)
- SVR and SSC databases can now be brought on-line instantly. This greatly reduces the time taken to initialise these databases on system start up.
- A memory leak that could be seen as a small increase in memory used every few hours has been fixed.
- SVR now correctly supports restoring from native compressed backup files. (HBT-145)