Joined: 23 Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, UK
|Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am Post subject: SQL Test 1.0 is now available
|SQL Test 1.0 - April 2012 (version 22.214.171.1241)
SQL Test is Red Gate's new unit test add-in for SQL Server Management Studio.
SQL Test gets you writing and running unit tests in SQL Server Management Studio immediately, without a complex or time-consuming setup process.
With SQL Test you can discover defects much earlier in the development cycle and make continuous integration, agile development, and test-driven development achievable goals.
Easily write tests
- Code tests with T-SQL in SQL Server Management Studio
- Name and categorize your tests
- Write tests that matter to your environment
Run tests and get results
- Run tests with a single click
- Choose to run one or more tests at a time
- Get results and read messages on failed tests to find solutions
- Easily edit tests in SQL Server Management Studio
- Use SQL Prompt* to speed up coding
Share with your team
- Check your tests into source control
- Tests will be available to your whole team
- Use SQL Test with SQL Source Control* for easy sharing
* SQL Prompt and SQL Source Control are available as part of the SQL Developer Bundle
Powered by tSQLt
SQL Test is powered by tSQLt, an open-source framework that provides the APIs to create and execute tests. It works beautifully with SQL Test, which simplifies the process and directly connects to SSMS.
- SQL Test comes with a 28-day free trial period. After this time a license key will be required to continue using the product.
- SQL Test can be purchased on its own or as part of Red Gate's SQL Developer Bundle or SQL Toolbelt.
- Users of the SQL Developer Bundle or SQL Toolbelt with an active Support and Upgrades package can activate SQL Test with the existing bundle license key.
Upgrading from pre-release versions
- If you have been using pre-release versions of SQL Test, thank you for trying it out and for sending us your feedback.
- The full release contains a number of stability improvements, and supports SQL Server Management Studio 2005, 2008, 2008R2 and 2012.
- Please upgrade to the full version by selecting the Help > Check for Updates... menu item in the SQL Test window.
- Alternatively, you can download the full version directly.
- Any tests you have already set up will be accessible as normal after the upgrade.
- SQL Test is primarily designed to work with SQL Server Management Studio 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is required to use SQL Test. You can download the framework here.