Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Red Gate Software
|Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 pm Post subject: SQL Monitor 3.0 has been released!
|SQL Monitor 3.0 is a major upgrade to SQL Monitor 2.3 and is available for download at http://www.red-gate.com/sqlmonitor.
• Custom metrics: SQL Monitor collects a standard set of metrics from every monitored object. Custom metrics allow you to use your own T-SQL queries to collect metric values that aren’t currently collected by default. They can also be used to collect application-specific information. Once collected, you can analyze and alert on this data.
• Example custom metrics: To get you started with custom metrics, we have provided examples that include validated T-SQL queries so you don’t have to write your own scripts. See http://www.red-gate.com/sqlmonitorexamplecustommetrics.
• User roles: Administrators can now control user access to certain features in SQL Monitor. There are three user roles available; Administrator, Standard and Read-only. Each role is activated by creating a single password and then sharing it with relevant users. The following restrictions apply:
- Administrators have unrestricted access and can configure every feature in SQL Monitor.
- Standard users can manage and configure alerts, but cannot configure custom metrics, custom alerts or alert email settings. They can view most pages except the Manage user roles, Licensing and Base Monitor connection pages.
- Read-only users cannot make any configuration changes, but they can view most of the pages in SQL Monitor except the Manage user roles, Licensing and Base Monitor connection pages.
• SQL 2012 / Denali support: You can monitor SQL Server 2012 servers within SQL Monitor.
• Analysis graph improvements: Graphs will no longer interpolate the data where there are significant gaps, so you can see more clearly whetherdata collection issues exist.
• Feature Usage Reporting: This feature (disabled by default) helps Red Gate understand how you are using SQL Monitor. It reports how often individual features are used, allowing future development work to be prioritized. You will be asked during the installation if you wish to enable Feature Usage Reporting.
For more information, see: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dotnet-development/smartassembly/features/feature-usage-reporting-data-collected.
For more information, read the release notes at http://www.red-gate.com/sqlmonitorreleasenote.
Read more about SQL Monitor 3 and its key features here: http://www.red-gate.com/sqlmonitor.
Report any issues and raise questions on the support forum (http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=158) or email us at email@example.com.