Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Performance Profiler 7
ANTS Performance Profiler 7 forum

No results to display message

Search in ANTS Performance Profiler 7 forum
Jump to:  
dontas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: No results to display message Reply with quote

When I try to profile a web application I get the message "No results to display". I checked Event Viewer and I it has an event ".NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.261 - Loading profiler failed during CoCreateInstance. Profiler CLSID: '{5017EBB4-4220-4965-A61F-035BEF6E98A9}'. HRESULT: 0x80040111. Process ID (decimal): 5348. Message ID: [0x2504]."
How can this problem be fixed.

Thank you.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

There are multiple causes for this, so it's hard to say. First, make sure that you haven't installed the new "always-on" profiling module into IIS. This will prevent you from doing regular profiling of IIS, so you will need to remove the profiler module from the IIS configuration before you can use ANTS the regular way.

This can also happen when the profiler Core DLL is not registered. In some extreme cases, it indicates a failure in ProfilerCore.dll's initialize method.
mjokumsen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue on a fresh install. Is there a way we can register the profiler again? If so - how?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registering the dll is just a matter of opening a console and running regsvr32 c:\program files\red gate\ants performance profiler 7\ProfilerCore.dll.

If it's a "fresh install" and you have run the Continuous profiling installer, then the continuous profiling module needs to be removed from IIS before you can profile IIS. The quickest way to test this is to profile a regular desktop application. If that works and IIS doesn't, you have probably installed the continuous profiling module.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1