Red Gate forums :: View topic - RESOLVED: Error related to .NET Remoting
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 5
SmartAssembly 5 forum

RESOLVED: Error related to .NET Remoting

Search in SmartAssembly 5 forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
bobishkindaguy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: RESOLVED: Error related to .NET Remoting Reply with quote

Hi, I have been trying for days to get my application to pass remoting messages by various combinations of excepting from pruning and obfuscation.

Here is the .NET Remoting-related error message:
The argument type 'BizLayer.nBZClientFunctions.MessageFromServerToClientHandler' cannot be converted into parameter type 'BizLayer.nBZClientFunctions.MessageFromServerToClientHandler'.

The remoting capabilities of my app involve many different classes, and subroutines within classes, but it would be helpful to know exactly what settings I need to set/not set in smartassembly to prevent this error.

For example, if I exclude the whole project, the error does not occur. But that leaves that whole project unprotected.
Thank you!

UPDATE:
I have relocated all remoting-related code into a separate project, and this problem has disappeared !!
I did not "merge" the remoting project, but I did "embed" it, and then I turned on the maximum features for everything else, and there do not seem to be any problems for the moment.
Alex.Davies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when something complains that two types that look the same aren't the same, it's merging that's broken it. That's a fundamental limitation of any merging technique.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1