Red Gate forums :: View topic - No option to Go To decompiled definition, and cant step in.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
.Net Reflector 6.x and .NET Reflector 6.x Pro
.Net Reflector 6.x and .NET Reflector 6.x Pro forum

No option to Go To decompiled definition, and cant step in.

Search in .Net Reflector 6.x and .NET Reflector 6.x Pro forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Jaimi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: No option to Go To decompiled definition, and cant step in. Reply with quote

Just purchased pro version and activated it. Have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

i choose "Explore decompiled assemblies" from the .Net Reflector after decompiling system.

I find the method, and right click - there is no "Go to decompiled definition" option. The menu has "Open in .NET reflector", and the second option is "Find all references". It's just missing.

As well, I cannot step into the code. I'm trying to debug an error in

AppDomain.AppDomainSetup.ConfigurationFile, and though I have selected every version of SYSTEM in "Choose assemblies to debug" and compiled them all, I still cannot step into this property. (Yes, I have turned off the step over properties option).

What could I be doing wrong?

I have followed the steps someone mentioned in the forums for looking at system.console.writeline, and was not able to step into that or use "Go to decompled definition" on it either.
Clive Tong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

The type AppDomain.AppDomainSetup is actually in mscorlib.dll and not system.dll.

Can you try decompiling that and then stepping into the property that you mention?

Thanks.
Jaimi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir, are indeed correct. I must have been reading some incorrect MS documentation. Works great - thanks!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1