Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Performance Profiler 6
ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum

Finding leaks between memory snapshots

Search in ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum
Jump to:  
tzunoi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Finding leaks between memory snapshots Reply with quote

Hi,

Supposing the following scenario:
C# .NET application that has some iterations.
- after I run iteration 1 I do a snapshot - S1.
- I run iteration 2, here some (not all of them - leak) object from iteration 1 should be destroyed (should not be referred anymore) and new ones are created. When it finish I do a memory snapshot - S2.
- I run iteration 3 and some object previously created at iteration 2 are destroyed - not all of them that's the funny part - and new ones are created. This new ones are not destroyed until the end of iteration - and should not be. After iteration 3 ends, I take a memory snapshot - S3.

Idea is that object allocated in previous iteration are destroyed in current ones and I can do snapshots only between iteration - otherwise will be something messy. Also, there are a lot of objects so tracing them by hand is not an option.

Now if I compare S3 with S2 I see all object allocated (ans should be allocated) but also old one that are not destroyed.
I need some kind of object allocated into iteration one (I1) and not destroyed into I2 and object allocated into I2 and not destroyed in I3.

Any idea how could I do this?

By the - way it takes so long to buy a license...I order it 1 week ago and still I don't have serial number.

Wrong - forum...I will post on memory pro filer. A moderator - please move or delete this.
nick.maidment

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much impossible for us to comment on this without seeing any results. would it be possible for you to save them and email them to support @ red-gate .com with F0040922 in the subject line

As for the license thing, I'd suggest getting in touch with sales @ red-gate .com
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1