Red Gate forums :: View topic - Unable to load ...oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x ...
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
Schema Compare for Oracle
Schema Compare for Oracle forum

Unable to load ...oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x ...

Search in Schema Compare for Oracle forum
Jump to:  
Armin Mueller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Unable to load ...oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x ... Reply with quote

Hi!

I downloaded this tool as I made good experiences with the tools for SQL Server. But now I have to care about Oracle too.

My system is Windows 7 64bit on which I installed both the 32bit and 64bit version of the Oracle Client and configured both of them correctly. I also installed Oracle SQL Developer 64bit and everything is working fine.

Testing Schema Compare for Oracle is also fine till I klick the last time "Synchronize Now", there I get "Unable to load C:\...product\1.1.0\client_win32\oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x version of Oracle client with 64x application."

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks.
Armin
Tom Harris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Armin,

this is an unusual error. Here are 2 things that would really help us out

a) Could you try running the 32bit version of Schema Compare for Oracle - typically at C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\Schema Compare for Oracle 1

b) Enable logging and run 64bit version of Schema Compare for Oracle - when the error happens, please send through the log files to me

Details on how to set up logging are described here

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/GeneralContent.aspx?c=SQL_Data_Compare\knowledgebase\logging_and_log_files.htm

Kind regards, Tom Harris
Armin Mueller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer.

After checking for the 32bit version I'm somewhat confused as I could find nothing but a 32bit version of Schema Compare on my pc. Now I can understand what rises the error. What I don't understand is why I'm not able to select my 32bit Oracle home in the drop down list and should there be a 64bit version of Schema Compare on my pc. There is none.

Yours,
Armin
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1