Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Performance Profiler 6
ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum

Attach to .NET 4 Process

Search in ANTS Performance Profiler 6 forum
Jump to:  
pikachusalad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Attach to .NET 4 Process Reply with quote

I have a multi-project solution in VS 2010, on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I want to profile the performance of some of the .NET 4 web applications.

I start the main project in the debugger (not attached to the web apps I want to profile).

I open ANTS 6, and choose "attach to .net 4 process". I can see the processes (though "title" is empty). I identify the processes by ID (in the "attach to process" window from VS where the title IS shown - without attaching to them), and then come back to ANTS and choose one of the processes to attach to.

The profiler just says "waiting" in the status bar and never profiles anything.

I have searched everywhere in the redgate website - no instructions, no KB articles, no posts here.

Can someone please help me? What am I doing wrong? Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Are there instructions for this somewhere? Is there a list of settings somewhere I should be looking at?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
pikachusalad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Selecting the process to attach to Reply with quote

As you can see here, the processes are visible in the ANTS attach to process window, just missing the titles. So I use the VS 2010 attach to process window to identify them by ID (I know the ports).

pikachusalad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: WAITING... Reply with quote

SO then, when I attach to the process, it doesn't profile anything - and if you look in the lower left hand corner, you can see that the status bar says "waiting" - it will just say this forever...no matter what I do.

Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1