Red Gate forums :: View topic - Optional Schema Name in synch saved script files
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
Schema Compare for Oracle Beta
Schema Compare for Oracle Beta forum

Optional Schema Name in synch saved script files

Search in Schema Compare for Oracle Beta forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
lee.andrews

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Optional Schema Name in synch saved script files Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just another feature enhancement request. When synchronising to a script it would be useful to have the option not to have the the schema/user name included in the script. E.g Create Table "SCHEMA"."MYTABLE" is what is created now but capability to switch this off so would output Create Table "MYTABLE"

Not a major one as can do a find and replace to make the synch script more generic but a nice to have.

Regards,

Lee.
Simon C

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask what the use case of this feature is? When would you not want the schema to be specified?
lee.andrews

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

We have many environments including several development, testing, staging and live environments.

These environments get installed with different user names/schemas so the ability to compare and make the generated script more generic by not including the schemas name is useful to us and can subsequently be used to upgrade/downgrade many of these different environments with the same script without having to manually change the schema name across environments.

It's not a major feature but more of a nice to have.

Hope this helps.

Lee.
alice.easey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

I've added this request to our backlog as OC-152 - I can see how it would help to create more generic scripts.

We're trying to tie down the features for v1 now, so I'm afraid I can't guarantee that this will make it in for v1. Customer requests always add weight to a feature request though, so thanks for raising it.

Thanks for all your feedback so far - please let us know if you have any further comments, feature requests, or issues.

Thanks,

Alice.
lee.andrews

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alice,

Thanks for that, it certainly would be a most helpful and useful enhancement for us.

Regards,

Lee.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1