Red Gate forums :: View topic - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
Schema Compare for Oracle Beta
Schema Compare for Oracle Beta forum

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Search in Schema Compare for Oracle Beta forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
a0209129

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Reply with quote

When comparing two schemas in the same database, both database registrations complete but I then get the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when redgate starts to compare them. What is interesting is the object it says has an error doesn't exist in either of the schemas. It resides in a third schema.

Is there a log some where I can look at more information on what happened leading up to this event?[/img]
Simon C

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to email me query snapshots of the two databases you're comparing? These can be obtained using the 'RedGate.Oracle.QuerySnapshotter.exe' program in the SCO install directory. These contain the results of the queries we use to register the databases, and will greatly help us in finding & solving the issue.

thanks for the bug report Smile

SimonC
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1