Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Error with Static Data and DDL Triggers

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
gee_cee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Error with Static Data and DDL Triggers Reply with quote

We recently added some DDL triggers to our database and noticed SQL Source Control's script generation when syncing static data has incorrect syntax in it. This means every time we need to update our database static data we have to fail and manually edit the scripts. Attached shows the incorrect syntax and bug happening.

Steps to reproduce and fix:
1. You see new static data is available when you hit “Get Latest”

2. At the “applying changes to database stage” you will see incorrect syntax near ‘DISABLE’

3. Manually edit the script and notice that when RedGate disable the change tracking trigger and re-enable it, there are missing go statements.

4. Insert the missing GO statements and run the script and your static data will now sync.

I did quite a bit of searching and didn’t find anything on the RedGate forum or on google. SQL Compare has an option to disable DDL triggers on deploy but SQL Source Control does not.
james.billings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I've run through the same steps and I do indeed get the same problem, therefore I've logged a bug (SOC-6102) to get it looked into.
You're right that we currently don't expose the Data Compare options in SQL Source Control (although this is something we're investigating adding). For now, I think you'll need to continue manually amending the update script.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1