Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Test
SQL Test forum

Preferred Method of Disabling SQLCop Tests

Search in SQL Test forum
Jump to:  
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Preferred Method of Disabling SQLCop Tests Reply with quote

There are a few SQLCop tests that aren't relevant to our local or test environments.

What is the preferred method for disabling these SQLCop tests? Just delete them? Add a RETURN statement in the proc?

My preference is to *not* delete the stored procedures, because I'm sure they'll pop up again if I ever need to reinstall/update the tSQLt framework on the database. I also don't want to go through the headache of deleting them every time I install the framework on another database.

It would be nice to specify a list of tests to exclude when you run tSQLt.RunAll so you could just update your build scripts and you'd at least have some documentation on what you've decided to ignore.
david.you
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JackAce:

Unfortunately, there's no direct way to disable the SQL Cop tests. This would be a good feature request for the tool, and here's the forum for you to do so: http://sqltest.uservoice.com/forums/140716-sql-test-forum

There is a manual workaround that you can do in the meantime. You can export a copy of the test from SSMS and save the script, and then re-add as needed.

Best,
David

Red Gate Product Support
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1