Red Gate forums :: View topic - Run Package Change Database Folder in advanced settings
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Packager 7
SQL Packager 7 forum

Run Package Change Database Folder in advanced settings

Search in SQL Packager 7 forum
Jump to:  
cpdave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Run Package Change Database Folder in advanced settings Reply with quote

Hello there,

Creating an exe to automatically deploy a database works fine but when I run the package I seem to have a problem.
When I use the advanced button and try to change the databasefolder, I can can do that but when running I get an error saying the object pointer is not configured at an instance of this object (free translated).
So if I change the database and/or the log folder the execution of the package failes.
Anybody an idea

Dave
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dave,

This is the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error that you get when an unanticipated condition happens in the software and makes it terminate prematurely.

I'll send debugging instructions via email.
paulmcl

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Run Package Change Database Folder in advanced settings Reply with quote

Brian,

Is there any update on this issue? Any EXE packages we create with SQL Packager will not run, failing with the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message if the end user has clicked on the Advanced button before running the package. It doesn't appear to matter which options were changed, if any.

Paul
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1