Red Gate forums :: View topic - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs during build
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 6
SmartAssembly 6 forum

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs during build

Search in SmartAssembly 6 forum
Jump to:  
chris3254902

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs during build Reply with quote

Hi

I recently purchased SmartAssembly and am having a problem building one out of three of my .saproj files on one PC, but not on another.

I have my code and the three .saproj files checked into version control (so the saproj files are identical on both PCs). On one PC (windows 7), I can build the three saproj files without problems. On another PC (windows server 2008 r2), I can build two of the saproj files but the third fails:

Code:

[11:46:28][Step 4/4] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
[11:46:28][Step 4/4] Parameter name: index
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at ?.?. (IList`1 , Int32 )
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at ?.?. (  , IList`1 )
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at ?.?. (  )
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at  . . ()
[11:46:28][Step 4/4]    at ?. . ()

I get this error whether I run from the command line (as above) or I run from the SA gui.

I have looked at the .saproj files in a text editor, and they all contain relative paths to the dlls to be obfuscated, e.g.:

Code:

<MainAssemblyFileName>..\Controls\bin\x64\Release\Controls.dll</MainAssemblyFileName>

The dlls exist at the same relative paths on both PCs (though different absolute paths).

Any ideas?

Thanks
chris3254902

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between the two machines is one (build successful) was using developer license while the other (build failed) was using server license.

If I swap the licenses, the problem swaps too. I.e. on both machines, I cannot build with the server license but I can build with the developer license.
Chris.Allen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

"System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. "
is a well-known issue (internal reference SA-1661) but it's *cause* has never been worked out.

I've never know the license type to cause an issue but I'm willing to believe that it is the cause of this one.

I've opened up a support ticket for you and I'll pursue this case through the ticket.

https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/agent/#/tickets/15249
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1