Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Test
SQL Test forum

Configure SQL Test with Teamcity integration

Search in SQL Test forum
Jump to:  
nanonerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Configure SQL Test with Teamcity integration Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using SQL Test to create some unit tests in SQL Server. And I integrated with Teamcity so that on a build, it auto runs the tSQLt tests.

The issue is that we plan to create hundreds of unit tests for all our store procs. And we don't want to run all of the unit tests each time we check in code and whereby Teamcity runs a build + runs the unit tests.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to configure the integration build to only run unit tests for new tests that are checked in.

Or is the practical solution to check in without Teamcity auto running the tSQLt unit tests? Thereby, just manually run the new test cases on the DEV server (after check in)? An extension of this is to run a batch nightly to run ALL the unit tests.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I believe one of our guys have addressed this question on Stack:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21107550/configure-sql-test-with-teamcity-integration

I hope the answer is helpful.
David Atkinson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our TeamCity plugin is currently limited to a tSQLt.RunAll under the hood, so if you want to run only a specific class for now you'll need to create your own custom steps. Dave Green's article explains how you might go about settings this up.

http://d-a-green.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/database-ci-easy-way-first-look-at-red.html
nanonerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Stack post is mine ... ;-) Reply with quote

@BDonahue - thanks for the ref. But that's actually my stack post and it was somewhat helpful ... Wink
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1