Red Gate forums :: View topic - Difference between SQL Prompt ($195) vs SQL Prompt Pro ($295
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Prompt 5
SQL Prompt 5 forum

Difference between SQL Prompt ($195) vs SQL Prompt Pro ($295

Search in SQL Prompt 5 forum
Jump to:  
jerryhung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Difference between SQL Prompt ($195) vs SQL Prompt Pro ($295 Reply with quote

Difference between SQL Prompt ($195) vs SQL Prompt Pro ($295)?

Sorry, I can't find the differences clearly listed
http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/features

Also, is pricing one-time price or annual expense?
or it just covers any same version upgrade? (e.g. I buy 5.3, and can upgrade to 5.9; but not 6.x)

Wondering if I can pursue my manager to approve the expense ($195 or $295) without properly going through legal/procurement

Thanks
Mike Upton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry,

The table at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/feature-matrix explains the differences between Standard and Pro, but you're right, it's not very easy to find from the features page. I'll get in touch with the team responsible for the website and see if we can get that improved.

The purchase price entitles you to all upgrades with the same major version number; as you say, if you buy 5.3 you'll be able to upgrade to any 5.x versions we release, but not version 6. There are also various Support and Upgrades packages available that entitle you to all upgrades (including major version upgrades) within a given time period.

It would probably be best to contact sales for more details on all of this; you can arrange for us to call you at a convenient time using this form, or you can e-mail sales@red-gate.com

Hope that helps,

Mike

Software Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd.
jerryhung

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, that feature matrix was awesome

Too bad the Standard edition doesn't do format, but I'll start conversation with my manager

I had old SQL Prompt license (4.x) and still barely works, but would prefer newer version if company allows it
drume

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Standard vs Professional Reply with quote

Mike Upton wrote:
Hi Jerry,

The table at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/feature-matrix explains the differences between Standard and Pro, but you're right, it's not very easy to find from the features page. I'll get in touch with the team responsible for the website and see if we can get that improved....

Hope that helps,

Mike

Your link doesn't exist. It just redirects to the features table, but doesn't mention any differences between Standard and Pro. Is there anywhere I can find out the difference?

Thanks.
JonathanWatts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Drume,

As of v6 of SQL Prompt there is only one edition of the product. If you are currently using SQL Prompt Standard, you can contact sales@red-gate.com to discuss your upgrade options.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Jonathan

-Project Manager
-Red Gate Software Ltd
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1