Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Comparison SDK 10
SQL Comparison SDK 10 forum

Latest SDK version

Search in SQL Comparison SDK 10 forum
Jump to:  
clamk123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Latest SDK version Reply with quote

This question came up before, and I'm interested in refreshing the SDK components.

Sql Compare (the product) has various upgrades it gets over time. The SDK doesn't have an obvious upgrade mechanism to take advatage of bug fixes.

The method recommended before was to reinstall SQL ToolBelt but that seems to contain old versions of the SDK, and doesn't appear to follow the same update path as the main product.

Where can we go to download latest SDK components?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Unfortunately, the best answer at this time is "ask support". There have been a number of fixes and upgrades done to the SDK but there hasn't been the will at Red Gate to do a "proper" release for some time. So unfortunately the only updates we have at this time are "use as directed" patches to SDK to solve specific problems that you are running into.

We are working on being better at consistently maintaining our releases at Red Gate this year as a matter of priority.
sebling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Latest SDK Reply with quote

So what is the current status of updating the SDK? You wrote in July 2013 that there wasn't the will at RedGate to do a proper release. My employer pays good money for this product and is entitled to a proper release. The current situation, e.g. using a really old version of System.Threading, is holding me back from upgrading our home-grown tools to the latest technology. This is causing me to write additional code to jump through the hoops imposed by lack of a proper release.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1