Red Gate forums :: View topic - can't exclude identical objects?!
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Compare 10
SQL Compare 10 forum

can't exclude identical objects?!

Search in SQL Compare 10 forum
Jump to:  
vincentj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: can't exclude identical objects?! Reply with quote

Why does SQL Compare now include identical objects by default? I'm generating HTML reports that show the differences between Subversion and the production database, and since I upgraded to 10.3 they're showing all the identical objects which makes the reports take forever to load and take up tons of disk space.

I am using a filter but apparently I can't simply add /exclude:identical if I'm using a filter (which would be great). So I spent a couple hours converting all of our filter rules to a complex set of /include and /exclude rules. Now I have a command line which is 2800 characters long (basically unmaintainable) and the identical object still aren't being excluded. Not to mention that I can no longer share my filters between the command line and GUI tools.

Thinking I had some error due to the immense complexity of the command, I simplified my command to just /exclude:identical and /exclude:additional. And it's still showing the identical objects. There seems to be no way to exclude them.

This change is a huge problem for us and I don't have time to try to develop a workaround, can you please revert back to the previous behavior?

And in the meantime, please provide me with a link to the version with the old behavior (10.1?) so I can install that. Thanks.

EDIT: It seems that the IgnoreIdentitySeedAndIncrement is broken as well, it's still showing as a difference in my reports.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post. Please feel free to download 10.2.3.1 for now:
ftp://F0070239:i7ePnCcG@supportftp.red-gate.com/users/F0070239/sqlcompare_10.2.3.1.exe

There is a known issue with reports in the latest version ( SC-6165 ).
vincentj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks!

At some point I would like to use the new /include:StaticData feature because it'll help speed up our deployments. Am I going to run into the same error if I try to use that with my filter files?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As far as I am aware, the tables involved in static data transfer are the ones mentioned in RedgateDatabaseInfo.xml (the configuration file that SQL Compare/Source Control creates for you).

I'll try to get clarification on this.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The /include:StaticData argument takes the tables it will modify from the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file. If you compare form a static script, you can try first modifying that file and putting the tables whose data you want to sync in the DataFileSet element.
howarthcd

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Red-Gate

It's been four months since we initially reported the filter bug (for which you created SC-6165).

Are you able to confirm when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks
Chris
sheldonhull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having this issue as well. Any help?
Michelle Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the latest version (linked in the announcement above; http://downloads.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLCompare/SQLCompare_10.4.8.87.exe or available through Check for Updates)? SC-6165 should be fixed in this version for identical objects in reports.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1