Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Location: Red Gate Software
|Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 pm Post subject:
Thank you for your forum post.
It may be possible for you to downgrade a SQL 2008 R2 database to SQL 2008, but will require SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare.
Use SQL Compare to compare and deploy the database schema, followed by SQL Data Compare to compare and deploy the data.
The basic steps are as follows:
1. Create a new database on the SQL 2008 instance.
2. Using SQL Compare, compare the SQL 2008 R2 database (as the source) with the SQL 2008 database (as the target).
3. Use the SQL Compare deployment wizard to deploy the objects that exist in the SQL 2008 R2 to the target SQL 2008. Once the schemas are identical, you can then synchronize the data.
4. Using SQL Data Compare compare the data between the SQL 2008 R2 database (as the source) with the SQL 2008 database (as the target).
5. Use the SQL Data Compare deployment wizard to deploy the data that exists in the SQL 2008 R2 to the target SQL 2008.
I hope the above helps.
Technical Support Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd