Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

setting up a migration script folder

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
irishmaninada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: setting up a migration script folder Reply with quote

I am using the latest version of source control and going against vault as my version control server.

I am trying to set up my migration folder, and getting the following error:

Quote:
The database script location and migration script location can not be the same folder, and one cannot be the parent of the other.

I did google this and found the following link (http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/SQL_Source_Control/help/3.0/SSC_EG_Deploy_Migrations#o14961) and as far as I can see, I am following the same steps that is in the link.

So any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

JD
jw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was confused by this initially as well. It seems that you must have a separate repository for the migration scripts and the database.
irishmaninada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was the solution as well, but that didnt work and then I ended making it work for a different database. The difference being when I added in the new database, I set up the folder and migration folder within my new respository and then it worked.

Not sure if that is a bug (feature, everything is a feature in software Smile ) or not, but that allows me to move forward. Although I am not seeing how to add this in retroactively, probably a vault thing at this point.

JD
irishmaninada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: not working for me Reply with quote

I know back in July I thought I had this working properly, and then I went on holidays and came back, and other things pushed down the food chain. Now I am back to it, and still getting the same error as before...any ideas on what it is that I am doing wrong.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1