Red Gate forums :: View topic - 404.7 exception when trying to get a cluster overview.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Monitor 3
SQL Monitor 3 forum

404.7 exception when trying to get a cluster overview.

Search in SQL Monitor 3 forum
Jump to:  
tdietrich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: 404.7 exception when trying to get a cluster overview. Reply with quote

Our domain name ends with .ad, which is one of the blocked file extensions in the default configuration of IIS7.

Because of this, when I try to browse from the main menu to our cluster (url=overviews/cluster/sql1.xx.xx.ad), i get a 404.7 exception.

If you were to just adjust the links to overviews/cluster/{clustername}/ (note the trailing slash), then this problem could be avoided.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL Monitor uses the server name as part of the URL used to get alerts. This would be difficult to change - is there any reason why you can't allow extension ".ad" in IIS?
tdietrich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to really change the URL, you just need to have the link on that menu append a / to it. overviews/cluster/whatever.ad/ will work with default IIS settings.

Frankly, I can change the settings, but .ad is a reasonably well used and recommended suffix for domains from what I know, so I wanted to alert you guys to the possible issue.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1