Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Git and GitHub Pushing/Pulling

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Git and GitHub Pushing/Pulling Reply with quote

I am experimenting with a GitHub-based repository and I'd like to use Red Gate Source Control to manage the database updates.

Can you *only* link SQL Source Control to a working folder with Git? Can you not link it directly with the server (e.g. GitHub)? If this is true, does it mean that I need to manually perform a "git pull" before I can "Get Latest" in SSMS? Do I need to manually perform a "git push" so that others may see my changes?
james.billings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post- you're correct; currently SQL Source Control just links to a working folder.

The commands we run to do a commit etc. are stored in an XML file - you can click "manage config files" on the link page, and create a copy of the git.xml to edit for your own purposes... so it *may* be possible to create, say, a batch file that does a commit then a push as two steps, and call your batch file in git.xml. I don't know of anyone who's tried this; so there's no guarantee it'll work.

Longer term, we're hoping to support more systems "natively" including Mercurial, and possibly Git, so support may improve in the future.
mikhelee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I deactivate phantom licenses from machines that may not exist anymore? I have had my hard drive replaced twice in the past month and I registered the serial number each time (I was not able to deactivate it before the crash).
material 70-416 http://www.thepass4sure.info/70-416-test.html
james.billings

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

mikhelee wrote:
How can I deactivate phantom licenses from machines that may not exist anymore? I have had my hard drive replaced twice in the past month and I registered the serial number each time (I was not able to deactivate it before the crash).

It's best to email your serial number in to support and say how many machines you couldn't deactivate- we can reset them for you.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1