Red Gate forums :: View topic - XML Element case-sensitive, change not recognized by SSC
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

XML Element case-sensitive, change not recognized by SSC

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
PDinCA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: XML Element case-sensitive, change not recognized by SSC Reply with quote

Changing an XML element name in a xml.query() from PriorTierCanAccept to priorTierCanAccept in multiple SPs is not recognized as a change by SSC.

Perhaps SSC should IGNORE the DATABASE case-sensitivity and treat text as text: find any change to be significant enough to update the repository.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

This sounds fair. You'll want database collation to be considered normally, but XML is usually case-sensitive, so any queries would be broken if the case was incorrect. I've logged a bug SC-6039 about this. I can't promise anything though. It doesn't sound like it would be trivial to implement.
freecell1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this? I posted in another thread about this (for varchar, not XML). Ideally even on case insensitive collated databases, changed-case string could be committed and transferred to other devs via SSC. I've even tried tricking it by updating a second field (like a datestamp). The behavior is that the other dev gets the new date value but the string value is left unchanged.

But the INSERT statements stored in the static data script in svn are picking up the correct case.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1