Red Gate forums :: View topic - How to specify comparison options in SQL Source Control
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

How to specify comparison options in SQL Source Control

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
David Atkinson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: How to specify comparison options in SQL Source Control Reply with quote

The comparison and synchronization options available in SQL Compare can also be specified in SQL Source Control using the instructions posted here:

http://www.red-gate.com/SupportCenter/GeneralContent/knowledgebase/SQL_Source_Control/KB201202000521

Please let us know which options are most useful to you so we know which ones to fully implement in an Options dialog.

David Atkinson
Red Gate
kevine323

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Works Great! Reply with quote

This works great on large databases with many encrypted stored procedures. Without setting the "DecryptPost2kEncryptedObjects" to false, it would take 30+ minutes for Source Control to look for our changes. Thanks for sharing this!
Kevin.Eckart@usa-truck.com
http://kevine323.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
decode

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Case sensitive object definitions Reply with quote

I've tried manually adding "CaseSensitiveObjectDefinition" (as "True") in the ComparisonOptions.xml file but it doesn't seem to have any effect in SQL Source Control. Is anybody else having the same issue or am I missing something?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look at the source code, and if I understand it correctly, the case-sensitivity is set by setting the appropriate case-sensitive collation in RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file. Can you please try that and let me know if that works?

For instance:
Code:
<DefaultCollation>Latin1_General_CS_AS</DefaultCollation>
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just following up: did changing the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file get the database to work in a case-sensitive way?
tyson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL Source Control added support for TFS 2012 in version 3.1. The implementation leaves something to be desired, so 3.1 had been pulled from public release.
bigminer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: ComparisonOption not automatically used Reply with quote

Quote:
You are recommended to commit this file into your source control system (SQL Source Control will not do this for you, so use the client relevant to the source control software you are using, i.e. Tortoise if you are working with SVN) so that other developers can retrieve the file into their own Working Base, ensuring that all users are working with the same options.

If you need to unlink and re-link your database, you will also need to Get the file from your source control repository, as re-linking creates a new Working Base folder.

Checking the ComparisonOption.xml file in source control is easy enough. However, if i unlink and re-link I have to "know" to go to the working base folder and update from source. I then have to close SSMS and reload. This is not going to go over well with my development teams. I hope there are plans to have it automatically retrieve the ComparisonOptions.xml from source if it already exists and use it before comparing source and database.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please post this suggestion to UserVoice?
http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control

Thank you.
pahlquist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the version of SSC that I am using (3.0.13.4214...on Win7/SQL 2008 R2 SSMS)...right clicking on the linked-to path does not bring up the context window shown in the article referenced in this forum. The context menu that comes up only contains "Copy". The article says any version after 3.0.5 should support this. In the past this has worked fine for me. If I manually copy an old ComparisonOptions.xml to my folder...it does not seem to take affect even after restarting SSMS.

Thoughts?
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1