Red Gate forums :: View topic - Unable to save profiler results due to insufficient memory
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Memory Profiler 7
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum

Unable to save profiler results due to insufficient memory

Search in ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum
Jump to:  
mihaichiritescu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Unable to save profiler results due to insufficient memory Reply with quote

Hi,

This is my first time with ANTS memory profiler and I ran into an issue that was really annoying. I made about 7-8 snapshots and these snapshots would consume more than 20GB. The problem was that I did not have 20GB on my C: drive but I had more than enough on my D: drive where ANTS memory profiler was installed. After doing the snapshots I tried to save the profiler results but I ran into an error saying that I do not have enough space on the C: drive - I had no workaround for this so I lost the snapshots. I think it was trying to save some logs/results into C:\Users\PChiritescu\AppData\Local\Red Gate\ANTS Memory Profiler 7.

Question: is there anyway I can change the results/logs folder so it would save everything on my D drive instead of C?

Thanks for your help!
jessica.ramos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit the RGTEMP environment variable.

See here: http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=14342 or here: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/SQL_Data_Compare/knowledgebase/getting_better_performance (the "Changing the location of the temporary files" section)

I hope that helps!
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1