Go to product documentation
SQL Monitor 3
SQL Monitor 3 forum

JavaScript errors after upgrade

Search in SQL Monitor 3 forum
Jump to:  
Go to page Previous  1, 2
chefi_d

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Issues installing build 1593 Reply with quote

Hi Chris, I downloaded the latest build and run the SQL monitor installation from Sql Monitor_3.0.0.1593.exe. The installation was quick and successful, according to the final message. I tried to load the SQL monitor web page, but it didn't show. Then, I noticed that both Base and Web services were stopped. I started them and then SQL monitor page showed up. I checked the Base and Web services versions in About section and both still show 3.0.0.1575. Also, some of my databases still show as Offline there. I checked the Windows Application error logs and didn't notice any related errors. Please advise.
Chris Spencer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Issues installing build 1593 Reply with quote

chefi_d wrote:
Hi Chris, I downloaded the latest build and run the SQL monitor installation from Sql Monitor_3.0.0.1593.exe. The installation was quick and successful, according to the final message. I tried to load the SQL monitor web page, but it didn't show. Then, I noticed that both Base and Web services were stopped. I started them and then SQL monitor page showed up. I checked the Base and Web services versions in About section and both still show 3.0.0.1575. Also, some of my databases still show as Offline there. I checked the Windows Application error logs and didn't notice any related errors. Please advise.

We are unaware of any problems with the upgrade between these two builds and I've just ran a successful upgrade here to test this.

I'm not sure what's happened here but it does sound like the upgrade has failed in some way. If running the installer again doesn't work then it is possible to uninstall / reinstall without losing anything. As long as you specify the existing SQL Monitor database in the "Set up Data Repository" step of the installer then the data will be upgraded.

Regards
Chris
chefi_d

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Issues installing build 1593 Reply with quote

Hi Chris, I downloaded the new version again and installed the new build of SQL monitor. Now my SQL monitor shows 1593 build in its About section. However, some of my databases still show an Offline status.
Chris Spencer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm that these databases are permanently showing as having an offline status? Sometimes it takes the system a few minutes to settle down after connecting to the servers.

Regards
Chris
chefi_d

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Chris, most of the databases on one of my servers show offline status all the time.
Chris Spencer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

chefi_d wrote:
Yes Chris, most of the databases on one of my servers show offline status all the time.

Apologies for this, we really hoped we'd fixed this in the latest release. I'll reopen the bug.

If you could possibly zip up and email in the SQL Monitor log files on your base monitor machine this might help us find the cause. The location of the log files is explained on this support page: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/SQL_Monitor/knowledgebase/SM_LogFilesKB

If you could send them to chris.spencer@red-gate.com that would be great.

Regards
Chris
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2