Red Gate forums :: View topic - Weighted Data ...
Return to RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Data Generator 2
SQL Data Generator 2 forum

Weighted Data ...

Search in SQL Data Generator 2 forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Author Message

Joined: 15 May 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Weighted Data ... Reply with quote

One of the things I often need is a weighted data generator, RedGate offers most of the functionality that I'd like however there are a couple of things that would be really nice to have as part of the standard delivery. Most of these are quite simple, I just can't be bothered to rummage through my addled brain to remember how to write efficient c# code!

1. On the generic weighted list generator, it would be good to have the ability to select a range; i.e. I'd like 5% of the dates selected to fall between 2 given dates. The next list item could be 11% of dates in another range etc....

2. What would also be useful is having the weighted lists generate say x% of the data with a catchall clause at the end for the other y%. i.e. I'd like 72% of the data to be from a weighted list, the other 28% from another weighted list or even a single value.

3. It would be even better if a weighted list could be derived from a SQL query... i.e. the list items are from a table and Redgate allows you to assign a numeric or percentile value to each....

As I say these are only ideas; they would make data generation a little easier for us BI analysts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eddie davis

Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Red Gate Software

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SydOpera

I have added the details of this forum post to Feature Request SDG-721.

This feature request is now marked for review. I cannot guarantine the success of the feature request submitted or if approval is given what future version of SQL Data Generator your weighted data request will appear in.

Many Thanks
Eddie Davis
Technical Support Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group