Red Gate forums :: View topic - SQL Monitor web site navigation suggestion.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Monitor 3
SQL Monitor 3 forum

SQL Monitor web site navigation suggestion.

Search in SQL Monitor 3 forum
Jump to:  
JKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: SQL Monitor web site navigation suggestion. Reply with quote

I find the SQL Monitor website a little sluggish, not horrible, but when going back and forth between the alert page and details of particular alerts it gets cumbersome. It would help is there were forward and back buttons on the alert details page to navigate between alerts so that you don't always have to go back to the summary page to navigate to the next alerts details.
As for the slowness, all components are installed on the DB server(which is not overtaxed) using the redgate web service. Would installing it within a true IIS site improve response?
Chris Spencer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning improvements to the Alert Inbox, including Next/Previous buttons on each alert details page. I'll post more when I know timescales.

Regarding the sluggish website, using an IIS web server rather than the SQL Monitor default would improve the performance slightly. In my experience, using a good modern browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE9) would make more of a difference.

Regards
Chris
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Hosting the website in IIS will result in better performance, particularly if there are a lot of requests being made. I have had a few customers who have switched from the built-in XSP webserver because it was being overwhelmed by a large number of requests. The instructions for hosting in IIS are here: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/SQL_Monitor/help/3.0/SM_UsingIIS
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1