Red Gate forums :: View topic - SQL Data Compare 9 - Comparing Different Datatypes
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
SQL Data Compare Previous Versions forum

SQL Data Compare 9 - Comparing Different Datatypes

Search in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
edrobny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: SQL Data Compare 9 - Comparing Different Datatypes Reply with quote

I am trying to compare several different datatypes, such as nvarchar to numeric. I checked the table from the link below and it is a supported data type comparison but SQL Data Compare says it is not. Here is a sample of what I am talking about.

Any help would be much appreciate.

http://www.ericdrobny.com/sites/default/files/public/SQLDataCompare.jpg

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/SQL_Data_Compare/help/9.0/SDC_Which_Data_Types_Can_Be_Compared
www.askcts.com
edrobny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Response from Redgate Support Reply with quote

I received the following response from support:

Quote:
Thank you for your support request and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I was able to replicate the issue using SQL Data Comnpare v9.1.0.365 and the new V10.0.1.119

I suspect that the documentation is incorrect and the product is working correctly, as personally I would not expect that you would be able to match nvarchar datatype to numeric datatype.

I have submitted a bug report to the SQL Data Compare Development Team to bring this issue to their attention. The reference for this bug report is SDC-1325.

Once again, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Sadly, I do not have a work around for the issue to offer at this time.

www.askcts.com
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1