Red Gate forums :: View topic - NullReferenceException SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 6
SmartAssembly 6 forum

NullReferenceException SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender

Search in SmartAssembly 6 forum
Jump to:  
cynicszm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: NullReferenceException SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender Reply with quote

I'm using SmartAssembly version 6.6.2.35 Professional to obfuscate components of a WPF App. which was working fine with an older version of SA.

Now when I open part of the system I get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender..ctor(Guid userId, Exception currentException, IWebProxy proxy)
at
SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledExceptionHandler.ReportException(Exception exception, Boolean canContinue, Boolean manuallyReported)

Any suggestions appreciated,
Thanks

John
Chris.Allen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NullReferenceException SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender Reply with quote

cynicszm wrote:

Now when I open part of the system I get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.ErrorReportSender..ctor(Guid userId, Exception currentException, IWebProxy proxy)
at
SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledExceptionHandler.ReportException(Exception exception, Boolean canContinue, Boolean manuallyReported)

I'm perplexed- it seems as though smartassembly is simply catching and throwing this null-reference exception. What happens if you analyse the report- do you get a stack trace with local values?
cynicszm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get a report. Just a message box with the error message above when opening a grid. The code base hasn't changed since upgrading from an older (working) version of SA

Since upgrading to 6.6.2.35 I've also started receiving multiple OutOfMemoryExceptions

Using DevExpress 11.2.8 WPF components and Entity Framework 4.0.

All the problems go away if I disable the SmartAssembly build task.

I will rebuild the SA projects and with the most basic options and see if that helps, and see if I can get a small project to reproduce the problem.
Chris.Allen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a very good idea- I have not yet heard of symptoms like the ones you are having...
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1