Red Gate forums :: View topic - RegisterForDataCompare with ScriptFolderPath is in what SDK?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions
SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions forum

RegisterForDataCompare with ScriptFolderPath is in what SDK?

Search in SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
ccollins

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: RegisterForDataCompare with ScriptFolderPath is in what SDK? Reply with quote

// NOTE - always pass null for Script Database Information in Data Compare (will read script settings from the xml file in the folder)
430. dScriptFolder.RegisterForDataCompare(sScriptFolderPath, null, Options.Default);

I only have one overload with my SDK8. It wants connectionproperties or connectionproperties with options, I don't have one that I can pass a path to.

According to the release notes SDK8 can data compare a live database to scripts. Am I missing an update maybe?
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's the latest SDK, our SDK documentation is just going unloved. I'll see if I can get someone to fix it. Meanwhile, product support have put up a wiki or code samples that *should* be in the documentation but aren't: http://sdk.red-gate.com/index.php/SQL_Comparison_SDK

There is a good example you can use for scripts folders here.
ccollins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: troubleshooting registerfordatacompare and folders Reply with quote

I added all required red-gate references from C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Comparison SDK 8\Assemblies\SQL Data Compare\. Then created a new solution with the scripts folder example: http://sdk.red-gate.com/index.php/Scripts_Folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Comparison SDK 8\Assemblies\SQL Data CompareRedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll v7.1.0.182
RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Engine.dll v7.1.0.230

The build fails:
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(325,21): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptDatabaseInformation' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(325,76): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptDatabaseInformation' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(327,65): error CS0103: The name 'ScriptEncodingType' does not exist in the current context
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(328,21): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.SaveToFolder(string, RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.ReadFromFolder.WriteToFileOptions)' has some invalid arguments
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(328,67): error CS1503: Argument '2': cannot convert from 'ScriptDatabaseInformation' to 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.ReadFromFolder.WriteToFileOptions'
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(367,39): error CS0117: 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.ReadFromFolder.FolderDataSource' does not contain a definition for 'DoesDatabaseInformationFileExist'
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(416,21): error CS1501: No overload for method 'RegisterForDataCompare' takes '3' arguments
c:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Comparison SDK 8\Assemblies\SQL Data Compare\RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll: (Related file)
\StaticDataWithScriptsExample.cs(480,30): error CS0117: 'RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Engine.SqlProvider' does not contain a definition for 'Synchronize'

Compile complete -- 8 errors, 0 warnings
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
ccollins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: environment information Reply with quote

I have SQL Data Compare 7 installed, which does not support script data to database data comparison. I have SQL Compare 8 and now 10 installed which both support script to database comparision. Is the SQL Data Compare 7 installation preventing success with the sdk 8 script data registration?

The example continues failing to build.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1